Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The shoes, my god the shoes

Brett has been wearing the same running shoes since he started walking on his own at 17 months. We tried putting sandals on him a coupla times, but it was no go (the crying fit at Tim Horton's was not fun).

Well, the running shoes are now too small and hurt his feet. Does that mean he knows new shoes are in order? Not our boy. He cried and kicked when we tried the two other pairs we have at home; he cried and fought when we tried new shoes on him at Zellers and Sears (yes, that was us in the corner of the shoe department on Sunday). On Monday I took him to daycare in his sock feet and asked them to try.

He was wearing his shoes when I picked him up, but when I congratulated him on how cool they looked (they're black and purple, fer gawdsake), he started to cry again.

Ever since then he'll let me put them on him, but then he cries and wants to be carried. I had to leave him crying at daycare again today. I hope it's partly because he still getting over his cold and ear infection, but I fear it's simply a symptom of nearly-two-year-old trying to exert some sort of control over his life. Sigh. Another year of this, I hear?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sure some kids are like this..even my kid want the same old pair of running shoes which we got her 1st..she sticks with that..don'wanna a new pair..

8:59 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Every one has a sentiments with their shoes...I am also thought that my Carolina shoes.... are my god's shoe..brilliant..

3:14 p.m.  

<< Home