Monday, September 05, 2005

PNE (pic)

We couldn't leave Vancouver without taking Brett to the PNE. No rides, but the farm animals, after those little donuts, proved to be the biggest attraction.

I'm starting to have the feeling I often have at the end of a trip, only this isn't a trip — this is my life! I want to pack in as much as possible before it's too late. What if we never come back? If my friends and I have our way, there will be lots of visits. That's when I'll go to the PNE again and the West End, walk around the sea wall, do The Drive. I probably won't have time to go Burnaby Heritage Museum before we go (I've never been; I actually have no idea if it's any good but some part of me wants to see it), but maybe when we come back. I think I'll have time to fill up on sushi, and go over the Lion's Gate Bridge one more time. As for my friends: we don't have to be close to stay close. Email and this blog will help, but it's the visits I look forward to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Whalen said...

Oh gosh, I know the feeling of being in that in-between twilight zone place where you're no longer really where you ARE because your mind is already focused on where you're soon going to be.

Best of luck with all your last-minute moving details, Laurie! We'll miss you here in BC, but are excited for you as you embark on your new Alberta adventure. Enjoy your new home and be sure to write lots of blogs describing your experiences settling in and getting to know Cochrane!

All my love, Erin (and Milo) xoxox

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home