Thursday, November 10, 2005

Interview report

I know you're dying to know.

I dusted off my nice blazer and dug out good shoes. Left home nice and early, found the building, found a place to park, found the bathroom (fresh lipstick dontcha know!) and found the right office. It seemed to go well: I had detailed, enthusiastic answers, and well-researched, insightful questions (nothing like the internet for preparing for an interview). I even learned a coupla good interview questions:
•• what's the scope of the job as you understand it?
•• what can you do to ensure a good working relationship with your manager?
Hmmmmm.

There was a writing test: I had to draft my first press release in, like, six years! I had a moment of panic, but after starting a few sentences it came together pretty easily. I even "quoted" one of the interviewers —— does that make me clever or just cheeky?

Not sure when I'll hear anything. Not sure if I'm even the right person for the job. I may actually be over-qualified. You know what though? I gotta get working. So I'll take it if it's offered. I can always look for my dream job later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it went well Laurie..good for you! I hope you hear back!
Delinah

6:27 p.m.  
Blogger bowiechick said...

Dream job, scheme job...Ya I am still looking for the dream job too. Funny things it gets in the way 'COS YOUR ACTUALLY WORKING!!

Either way, chin up and like the annoying fish in Finding Nemo, says "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Don't get discouraged and above all don't get complacent.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!! And hey, if you need inspiration, just look at the new pics on my blog.

No, really, IT IS getting better.

Grab a hug. Tana

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger Erin Whalen said...

Hey, Laurie! Sounds like the interview went well! I think that quoting the interviewer makes you sound clever -- shows that you were really listening, which is important. And doesn't everyone like seeing their words in print, even if they're in quote marks?

Let us know if you hear back from the company. We've got our fingers crossed for you!

10:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Laurie!!

2:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home