Thursday, February 02, 2006

I feel so at home

I've been asked for more details about my job, but instead I'm going to tell you why I feel so at home here. The truth is, there are a few people who remind me of someone else I know.

First of all, my boss Colleen, the one with whom I had my first interview, reminds me of my friend Heather. They're physically alike, but more than that, they're both very smart, respected and good at their jobs. They each have two kids and struggle with the day-to-day challenges of being a good parent and partner.

Jody, HR manager in my department, reminds me of my old neighbour Kristen. She works in the same industry and has the same reaction to higher-ups who don't appear to know what they're doing: attitude, verbal expletives and dramatic eye rolling. No idea if Jody's husband is bald.

I see my friend Dawn McV in two people: Margo, one of the campus planners is an outspoken redhead who knows her stuff, works hard, respects those in authority if they deserve it and doesn't take any crap. Caroline is Dawn's softer side. We bonded over books and music and the great inside scoop she gave me about others in the office. Caroline is smart, efficient and completely under-appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

ya?...but...what about the rest of us?
Sniff.

Glad you are settling in.

12:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's because there's no one like us Tana.....we're unique!

8:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home