Thursday, February 09, 2006

Some of his favourite things

Brett suddenly has favourites. Last night, Toy Story 2 (which he had never seen before) was his "fav'ite movie." In the past week he's had "fav'ite" shirts, cookies, books and toys.

I'm certain he doesn't know what it means. I mean, how could a movie he's never even seen be his favourite? And how could he have a favourite book one minute, and a different one the next?

I fear I may have been the one who put the idea into his head without really explaining it. I know I said about My Oh My Oh dinosaurs, when he chose it as a bedtime book three or four nights in a row, "That's your favourite book lately, isn't it?" And when trying to dress him
quickly one day, I offered his Calgary ABC shirt: "It's your favourite!"

Does it matter that he has more than one favourite dinner? As long as he eats, the Jewish mother in me says (echoed by Baba, I bet). Maybe I'll teach him how to spell favourite and explain the importance of "ou." Maybe "favourite" can be his favourite word for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home