Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yee-haw

Our first Stampede and there's so much we don't know. For instance, jeans, boots and hats are acceptable -- no, expected -- at work for the duration of Stampede (not the Stampede, just Stampede). It's ok to be late for work every day if you've stopped at a Stampede breakfast (which happen all over town and often involve a choice of high-test or low-test orange juice).

I also didn't know that I get a half day off during the festivities. Most places close up Fri morning so their staff can go to the parade, but according to the university's collective agreement, I can take it anytime I want.

Opinions vary about what the must-see Stampede thing is. I've heard the parade, chuckwagon races, rodeo. Some friends with little ones have said they don't even go, preferring Calaway Park instead (especially while everyone else is downtown).

Still not sure what we're going to do. I think I need more pancakes to help me make up my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

They are gonna make an Albertan out of you yet! It all says a lot for community spirit doesn't it? Sometimes those rednecks have some good ideas.

Also, an enjoyable thing involving rather large animals is a jaunt down to events at Spruce Meadows when they occur. A bit more high-falutin' than the Stampede but quite enjoyable.

Nice to see what dear old dad will do for his little girl and her pony.

2:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home