Saturday, November 26, 2005

What do I do now?!

So, I start my new job Monday at 9. Only thing is, I got a call for an interview about a better job. Do I just not start the current one, or do I start knowing I might quit in a week? (BTW, I have the library job offer on paper, but I haven't signed and returned it yet.)

The "better" job is more money, more responsibility, working more independently in a newly created position (that is, I won't have to learn the way the last person did things). The library job will be easy (seems that way, anyway).

Anyone out there with a crystal ball want to tell me what to do? Anyone else?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to the interview, and if you're offered the job worry about what to tell the Library at that point. A challenging job is better than a boring one, and I know you -- you like a challenge! Go for it. If you don't, you'll always wonder "what if...."

11:14 a.m.  
Blogger bowiechick said...

I am with Tracey on that one Laur. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And rememember, we're all replacable. The Library will get over it.

T

8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Erin Whalen said...

Yeah, what they said! Certainly won't hurt you to go to the interview, at least. And you can go secure in the knowledge that you already have a job if things don't work out.

Good luck!

10:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Tell us what you did! I'm tired of waiting!!

6:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home