Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Countdown

This picture was taken a few days ago, less than one week before Brett's third birthday. So much to do before then.

The party is on Sunday. We've booked the place (Gymaniacs), ordered the cake (cupcake cake from Safeway; they jam all the cupcakes together on a plate and ice them as if they're one big cake), and bought stuff for loot bags. Tomorrow Brett and I will decorate the loot bags and fill them with goodies. I didn't plan on one for him, since he'll be getting birthday gifts. I do kinda worry that he'll want one, but also hope he'll forget about it as soon as we get home.

We're having four other kids for the party, which I hear is about right for the age. Still, I feel like we should have a few more to fill the space.

He really seems older lately, too. Toilet trained (still wears a pull-up at night, but it's usually dry in the morning), able to express himself fairly clearly in most situations, and will actually change his mind in some situations. Randy pointed out that last one, but now that I think about it, I've noticed it too. For example: his favourite pasta is rotini. If something else appeared in front of him in the past, a screaming fit would ensue. But last week we had spaghetti for a change. Brett said he didn't like spaghetti, but then had a taste when it was in front of him. "I like it! I like spaghetti," he said, and ate the whole bowl.

There are days he can almost as much as a grown-up. For breakfast the other day he had an entire banana, a waffle, and a cup of blueberry juice. A regular cup, not a sippy one. I think I had a banana.

No blueberry juice at the party, just to be safe. Some of the kids are younger than him and might spill. Of course, purple and blue icing on the cupcake cake (Brett's pick, of course) might do as much colourful damage. He might be turning three, but he's not too old to be cleaned with baby wipes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. He looks so grown up. Wish we were there to help celebrate. I can't believe he's 3, time really flies. Give him extra special hugs & kisses from Baba & Zaida.
Love to you all.

11:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want blueberry juice too

Anne OXOXOX

11:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home