Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Yay me!

No, the Calgary Public Library isn't suddenly part of the university.

For those of you who've been wondering what I decided, the last week or so has gone like this:
• supposed to start Library job Mon Nov 28; left a message Sun night saying thanks but no thanks
• interviewed at the U of C for a communications advisor position on Wed Nov 30; was told I'd be called in to meet the VP and director
• got a call Mon Dec 5 to come in Tues
• met the higher-ups Tues Dec 6
• got the job offer Wed Dec 7 -- today!

It's an interesting and job and one I'm glad I waited for. It's doing communications advising, planning and implementing for campus infrastructure, under the guidance of external relations. Campus infrastructure does all the on-campus maintanence etc, but the stuff I'll be involved with is communications around the new building, upgrading, sustainability projects.

They were very impressed with the last two projects I was involved with at Douglas College: Go! and the program guide. Thanks to all my pals in the CMO for making those (and me) look so good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Laurie! Congratulations!

When do you start?

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Erin Whalen said...

Yay you, indeed! That's fabulous! Good thing you held out for the better offer -- sounds like it's going to be a great job.

11:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home