Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yes, I'm still here

Unlike a few other people I know, I'm not neglecting my blog in favour of Facebook.

The truth is that things have been in a bit of turmoil lately. They're settling down, but I'm not promising regular updates just yet.

Tomorrow is my last day at work (which also means my last evening on the couch with the work laptop). I'm leaving the University of Calgary and taking on the challenge of communications for the Town of Cochrane.

Yes, I live in Cochrane. My commute will go down to about three minutes from 35. That means I should save about $12,000 in fuel per week. If the Town doesn't charge for parking, that's another few mortgage payments. I'm close enough to go home for lunch, but I probably won't. Come September, I'll use my lunch to take Brett to preschool.

I start June 25, so I have a few days off in the meantime. If I hadn't cleared all my personal pictures off this laptop I'd post some new ones. You'll just have to wait a little bit longer, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

Congratulations Laurie! That's great news!

Good luck in the new job.

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Jan and Cindy said...

Hmmm, to whom was that dig directed? I'll have you know that we were neglecting our blog long before we joined facebook. I have to admit though, I was just going to go update something but couldn't decide what. So I decided to check out your blog instead...

Have fun out (more) west and good luck with the new job. Although I think you haven't gotten the hang of Alberta yet. Saving on gas is a bad thing - it takes money out of the pocket of every man, woman and child in the province. Shame on you.

2:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home