Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Not that I'm counting

So, I've been on Facebook recently.

Frequently, actually, but I haven't quite got the hang of it. I click on Friends' profiles, read their stuff, then browse through their Friends. And I've noticed some things that may warrant further study. Feel free to run with this.

In rough order of frequency (that I've observed, anyway):
- younger people (younger than me, anyway), often use pictures of themselves in party situations. The younger they are, the more likely it seems that their picture includes someone else, often hugging, or with arms draped on each other's shoulders.

- people with kids (both men and women) often use pictures of themselves with their kids. Not always with another parent. Sometimes just the kid/s.

- people between the party and child-bearing stages seem to use wedding pictures.

- animals get used too: either in pix with their people, or in place of them.

- some people use what appear to be very old grad photos, school photos or other pictures from their childhood.

- some people use photoshopped or otherwise manipulated photos of themselves.

- cartoon characters appear in roughly 10 percent of the profiles I've seen. Most often: Simpsons characters; sometimes: South Park.

- I've seen the occasional scenic shot, only sometimes with people in them.

- there's one woman out there using a shot of the front of her Friends t-shirt. While she's wearing it.

If you do run with this, let me know what you find out.

2 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

Yup. I have to agree Laur!

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

You're talking about Erica and her "friends," aren't you... I think she's using that shot to draw attention to her boobage.

Hey, I haven't talked to her in many many years, she just went to my high school.

2:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home